The Wandering Gourmet is currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team in the kitchen for a prep cook. This individual will be responsible for daily cooking operations, meal production, and meal packaging. Applicants must possess strong cooking skills, work clean, positive attitude, be a team player and have an eagle eye for detail. This is a great opportunity for chefs who are looking for a 9-5 job. You will occasionally work nights or weekends.
We are Michigan’s largest personal chef service located in Rochester Hills. In our commercial kitchen, we prepare from-scratch meals and seasonal menus for families of all sizes extending beyond the tri-county area. No day is the same.
This is an entry level job.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
This opportunity is ideal for candidates who:
- Are relentlessly passionate about food
- Hands-on culinary talent and experience in high-quality food preparation
- Exudes integrity and hard work ethic
- Trained knowledge and practices uncompromising, strict standards in food sanitation, food handling and food safety
- Radiate a welcoming, positive attitude
- Thoroughly enjoy working with others and have excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and welcomes direction
- Self-motivated and work independently
- Value the variety in a flexible-duty kitchen
- Have a desire to learn each and every day
- From start to finish from-scratch food preparation
- Ability to prep, cook, and bake various dishes
- Properly package and label food
- Maintain immaculate work area
- Assist with kitchen responsibilities and projects as needed i.e. deep cleaning, organizing, etc.
- Participate in all kitchen-related tasks and duties
- Strict adherence to company expectations
- Maintain our stellar company image
- Consistent high-quality performance in all areas of work
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 1-2 years in a professional kitchen
- Strong kitchen prep and food cooking skills
- Is a team player and works well with others
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Reliable and predictable attendance
- Must be able to stand for 9 to 10+ hours
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Experience with cooking for specialty diets and allergies preferred, but not necessary
- ServSafe Certification preferred, but not necessary
- Culinary school degree/certificate preferred, but not necessary